Welcome to the book club 👋🏼
Here is where I share some of the best books I’ve read, a little review, some stars and I’ll be sharing some that I’ve heard great things about and I would love to hear what you’re reading, have read recently and loved or something you’re excited to read!
My favorite genre for books is kind of widespread. But if I limited it down, I would definitely have to say lighthearted romance novels, full of wittiness. One that is unpredictable and I don’t know the next move. O R I like a heart pounding read, one that really makes me unsure of how it’s going to end, and keeps me on my toes.
Total adventure nonetheless.
PICK A BOOK + LET’S READ
- AFTER – Anna Todd ⭑⭑⭑⭑ — This is a romance trilogy.. I’ve read all of them. I found this book (and the ones after) to be 10/10. Because even though the guy is kind of a douche for some reason I want them together so bad. I just think there’s a long history behind both of them, that’s what makes them perfect for each other. idk. (P.S. The movie on Netflix was nothing like the book)
- YOU – Caroline Kepnes ⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑ — I know everyone has seen those memes about the main character in this book, Joe. Creepy, stalky guy from Netflix? Yeah. It’s another romance book.. Kinda. He’s a crazy psycho but even when he done those awful things, I still tried to find an explanation to back him up. It’s crazy, this book is so intense. Loved it. (P.S. Here’s another one that’s way better than the movie.)
- MILK AND HONEY + THE SUN AND HER FLOWERS – Rupi Kaur ⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑ — (read first one now, here) I loved both of these books. They are poetry books and the author is SOO incredibly intelligent. I could not put it down. If you wanna take a short break into smart, heartfelt, personal poetry. READ these.
- THE GIVEN WORLD – Marian Palaia ⭑⭑⭑ — I will have to rate this book a 3 outta 5. Honestly I liked the thought of the book. But the book itself is just a little too repetitive. This is about the war in Vietnam but we aren’t there for the war only the aftermath and its effect on a family left behind. There is such a feeling of sadness and loss in this book. I love the ones she meets a long the way. idk. I have mixed emotions.
MY RECENT READS
- Little Fires Everywhere – Celeste Ng ⭑⭑⭑⭑ — This was a book that I have mixed feelings about. I felt like there was sometimes that I wish the book moved faster and moved on but it was a good read nonetheless. It did seem like a little YA kinda read.. but the characters she describes gives you a good imagination of the storyline, she does make the book come full circle and I would read it again. “In a town in Cleveland, everything is picture perfect and and everything is laid out, especially Elena Richardson, whose guiding principle is playing by the rules. But Mia Warren – an enigmatic artist and single mother – who arrives in this bubble with her teenaged daughter Pearl, and rents a house from the Richardsons. They all become close, but then a custody battle erupts and puts Mia and Elena on opposing sides. Suspicious of Mia and her motives, Elena is determined to uncover the secrets in Mia’s past. But her obsession will come at unexpected and devastating costs.”
- The Great Alone – Kristin Hannah ⭑⭑⭑⭑ — What an honest, heartbreaking storyline. This book is for someone who is mentally in a decent place because it is pretty bleak cover to cover. Very raw and perhaps the fact that it has had such a strong effect on my state of mind is a testament to Ms. Hannah’s storytelling abilities. “Ernt Allbright, former POW, comes home from Vietnam and wants to move his family north to Alaska. Leni, 13 years old is caught in the middle of her parents passionate relationship. They move to Alaska all is good at first. But as winter approaches and darkness descends on Alaska, Ernt’s fragile mental state deteriorates and the family begins to fracture. Soon the perils outside pale in comparison to threats from within. In their small cabin, covered in snow, blanketed in eighteen hours of night, Leni and her mother learn the terrible truth: they are on their own. In the wild, there is no one to save them but themselves.”
BOOKS I WOULD RATE 5 STARS
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child – JK Rowling ⭑⭑⭑⭑ — Honestly this is nothing like the other books. This book is more, like a play. It’s not wrote like an author would a book, it’s a script. Which A LOT of people did not like. But that doesn’t mean I don’t recommend it any less. I love this book! In fact I read it in 14 hours my first time coming to Louisiana! It’s not the same as the others but it’s not supposed to be, I thought it was fun.
- THE QUEEN OF HEARTS – Kimmery Martin ⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑ — This book will keep you on your freaking toes. This story turned out to be much more than I had anticipated. Two friends that share absolutely everything together, their lives are hectic, and filled with family and career related challenges in the medical field, triumphs, and tragedies. It all sounds perfect. But, rest assured- your sins will always find you out. You can bury them, ignore them, hide them, and run from them, but eventually the truth bubbles to the surface.
- THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER – Stephen Chbosky ⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑ — Ugggghh. I read this book when I was in the 9th grade and I can tell you that I wore that book out. This is such a beautiful book. I love the characters. I love the plot. I love the setting everything. Charlie is caught in the middle of trying to live his life to trying to run from it. He’s caught in the middle of growing up and two friends try to hep him through it. THEY HAVE BEAUTIFUL SOULS.
- THIRTEEN REASONS WHY – Jay Asher ⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑ — I know you’ve seen the Netflix series of this. But the book is so good and shares a lot of info on the troubles these kids, and Hannah Baker goes throw. I love this book. I was forced to read it in high school and have read it about 3 times since then. A girl who killed herself and sent tapes to all the people she blamed for it. You won’t be able to put it down!
PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR FAVORITE READS!
2 thoughts on “Brigite’s Book Club”
I love your books recommendation. I will add them in my to-read list!!! Thank you for sharing.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Of course babe 💗
LikeLiked by 1 person